Tuesday, November 2, 2010

End of ROTL - Welcome Back DetFan1979

As of Sunday evening, there will no longer be any updates to the Fanball Roar of the Lions site as they are discontinuing their blogger network. I had a great experience with them, and am leaving on positive terms.  I only wish I had been able to get a proper link up sooner for the transition back here to DetFan1979's Roar of the Lions site.

As you can see, I have filled in the past archive of stories from the Roar, as well as updating the look and feel of this site.  I'm sure I'll continue tinkering with it.  Things will continue pretty much as usual here at DetFan1979 with analysis pieces and home of the Lions Congregation.  I may also be doing more contribution work for other blogs now that I'm a free agent again, so to speak.  Only time will tell.

Thank you to all of you who read this blog, and have for the past 2 1/2  years, no matter where it is located.  I appreciate the great support you've given me!  While at Fanball, readership tripled and I was consistently one of the top 3 traffic blogs out of over a hundred for several sports -- which is literally impossible without of all you.  Please feel free to post your thoughts and reactions to the pieces that are posted here.  One thing that I'd like to get rolling a little more again is more frequent comments (whether you agree with me or not) and some back and forth in the comments again.  I miss that, and will try to do a better job of responding to all of the comments again in a more timely manner.  Due to spammer problems, I do have the comments on moderation right now so they may not show up immediately, but will eventually. 

Thank you again!

~ Joshua Pung, DetFan1979

2 comments:

Big Al Beaton said...

I figured something was up when I saw all your Fanball posts fill up my RSS feed via your Blogger domain.

Glad to hear it ended on good terms...but it's their loss.

DetFan1979 said...

I agree - sorry to everyone whose rss feeds I nuked when I transitioned my archive! Didn't think about that... I posted so many articles in such a short time i had to do a word authentication for each post... Glad it's all done.